Vice President, Marketing Job
Date: May 27, 2013
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
VSS Monitoring network packet brokers (NPB) improve the performance and efficiency of a broad range of network monitoring and security tools by providing the most advanced network-wide visibility, access and processing offload. VSS Monitoring is a world leader in network packet brokers (NPB), providing a unique systems approach to enable network-wide and link-layer visibility, access and offload for a broad ecosystem of network monitoring and security tools. Deployed globally by Tier 1 service providers, F500 corporations and major government agencies, VSS Monitoring packet brokers improve tool usage and efficiency, simplify IT operations, and greatly enhance tool ROI. For more information, visit vssmonitoring.com.
VSS Monitoring is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. VSS Monitoring recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Vice President, Marketing
The Vice President of Marketing is a critical management role, with the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of our company. This position will maintain ownership of marketing strategy and execution, and be accountable for delivering measurable results in the telecom, enterprise, and government markets across the globe. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in marketing network monitoring and network security products, and the creative spark to consistently interject new ideas that impact our success. We’re a start up, so for the right candidate the idea of owning the marketing function for an innovative product - from strategy development through hands on execution - is an exciting one.
- Collaborate with the executive team to set corporate and product marketing strategies
- Leverage appropriate research methodologies to assess markets, audiences and competitors and develop appropriate product positioning.
- Develop branding strategies to clearly differentiate the VSS product offering and increase our visibility in the market.
- Deliver comprehensive marketing plans with fully integrated tactics (advertising, electronic marketing, conferences, and public relations), budgets, timelines and critical measurement components.
- Create a suite of consistent and impactful marketing communications components (Web, sales support, logos, collateral, white papers, etc.).
- Coordinate corporate marketing initiatives with business development efforts to fully leverage existing client relationships and lead data to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant business and marketing experience in network technology with 3-5+ years at Director or VP level.
- Has managed marketing in companies that have grown from early stage through a strong revenue ramp.
- Demonstrated experience with translating a business strategy into a marketing strategy through effective planning and implementation.
- Track record of delivering detailed marketing programs which impact business development initiatives.
- Organizational leadership skills; aggressiveness in achieving results, yet sensitivity to the need for communicating effectively with other members of the team.
- Reputation for building relationships internally as well as with customers, partners and analysts.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one or more of the following areas is required:
- LTE / 4G
- Large Enterprise / Financial Services Networks
- Network Security
- Government / Lawful Intercept
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A strong desire to be successful.
- Strong tactical capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful – ability to bring about big results on a small budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – is persuasive, and can effectively communicate with sophisticated audiences.
- Creative and an “out-of-the-box” thinker.
- Decisive leadership – ability to drive the process, motivate and engage the team’s best effort, earn respect, and achieve results.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Impeccable personal and business ethics and integrity.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher’s portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Organization: VSS Monitoring
Job Function: Marketing / Communications
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Telecom, Telecommunications, Marketing, Business Development, Network Security, Technology, Sales, Security